Matcha tea works wonderfully with fish. Combined with lemongrass, it reveals a delicious and subtle exotic flavour.
A simple recipe just waiting to be discovered!
For 4 people:
- 4 fillets of cod
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- Olive oil
- 1 x 1 cm piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking
- 20 cl of fish stock
- 10 cl of crème fraîche
- 40 g of butter
- 1 dessertspoon of lemon juice
- Fleur de sel and pepper
- Fry the shallot, garlic and ginger in a little olive oil.
- Reduce the fish stock to half its original amount and add to the pan.
- Then add the crème fraiche and the Matcha tea, whisking as you go, followed by the whole lemongrass stalk.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Next, add the butter and lemon juice, whisking to get an emulsion.
- At the same time, cook the fish fillets in a non-stick frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil (around 5 minutes each side over a medium heat, depending on the thickness of the fillets). Season with the fleur de sel and pepper.
- Arrange the fillets on a plate and pour over the Matcha sauce.
- Serve with rice, mashed sweet or traditional potatoes or quinoa and seasonal vegetables (steamed or roasted).