Yes, Matcha tea can also be consumed cold!
Inspired by ‘cold brew coffee’, the idea is simply to prepare your Matcha tea using cold water. But, unlike cold brew coffee, cold brew Matcha tea doesn’t require any complicated extraction technique.
Super refreshing in summer!
- 33 cl of cold water (preferably filtered)
- Ice cubes
- Fill a 33 cl bottle with cold water.
- Add 2 Chashaku of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking and shake well.
- Drink directly from the bottle or pour into a glass to admire the fabulous layer of dense froth that will have formed on the surface.
- Optional: add ice cubes for enhanced freshness.
- Adjust the quantities depending on the capacity of your bottle.
- If you don’t drink it all at once, always remember to shake well before drinking.
- Best consumed on the day of preparation.