Banana Bread is a moist loaf cake and a clever and delicious way of using up any overripe bananas that are past their best. An absolute must for avoiding food waste!
Here, we offer you a gluten-free recipe but you can just as easily replace the gluten-free flour with ordinary cake flour is you are gluten tolerant.
Very easy to make, Banana Bread is perfect for breakfast or tea-time and is a welcome treat for all ages. Adding Matcha tea will give your cake an amazing green colour and pack it with energy. In short, a healthy and delicious snack for the whole family!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 250g of gluten-free flour
- 140g of sugar
- 10g of vanilla sugar
- 100g of coconut oil
- 10g of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a very low heat and pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla sugar until you get a pale, light cream.
- Crush the bananas with a fork and add them to the egg mixture.
- Add the liquid coconut oil.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and Matcha tea and sift it into the banana mixture gradually, mixing well.
- Grease your loaf tin with a little coconut oil and fill with the cake mix.
- Put it in the oven for about an hour. Test to see if it’s ready by inserting a knife in the middle; it should come out clean.