A revitalising morning green smoothie. We recommend adding a dessert spoon of hemp seeds. Their hazelnutty flavour goes perfectly with the almond milk. What is more, hemp seeds are rich in protein and are one of the best vegetarian sources of omega-3 and omega-6. They are also rich in fibre.
The ingredients are given in “cups” so you don’t even need to weigh them. What’s more, if you don’t drink all your smoothie in the morning, you can easily take the rest with you to the office in a sealed container (such as a Mason Jar or Kilner Jar) or in a glass bottle. You can even keep it in the fridge until the next day.
For 4 glasses:
- The juice of 2 oranges
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1cm of ginger chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 mango
- 1 Granny Smith
- 2 teaspoons of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking
- Optional: 1 dessert spoon of hemp seeds
- Squeeze the orange and lemon juice.
- Put the juice in a blender with the almond milk, spinach and ginger and blend until there are no more bits of spinach left.
- Add the Matcha tea, hemp seed (optional), mango and apple and blend. It’s ready!
For easy blender cleaning, rinse with hot water, add a few drops of washing-up liquid and fill half full with hot water. Turn it on for a few seconds and then just give it a rinse!