Photo by Martin Godfroid
This recipe was created by Sébastien Hayot and Chloé De Smet.
It was prepared using IRO Matcha tea for Cooking by Chloé De Smet and Adrien Devyver on the TV programme “Vis Ta Mine” on La Une.
A fabulous way of using Matcha tea in savoury cooking! Indeed, Matcha tea works perfectly with fish.
A delight to behold and to savour!
For 4 people:
- 3 baby carrots
- 300g of mangetout
- 2 dessert spoons of lemon juice
- 40cl of single cream
- Vegetable stock
- 1.5 teaspoons of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking
- 4 red tuna steaks
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Himalayan salt
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small sticks.
- In a pan, heat 10cl of vegetable stock the single cream and the Matcha tea. Reduce it by half.
- Now add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and keep it warm in a bain-marie.
- Grease a frying pan and sauté the mangetout and carrot sticks over a low heat for around ten minutes.
- Sear the tuna steaks in the olive oil. They must be seared on both sides but the middle should stay very pink.
- Pour some sauce onto a plate, lay a tuna steak on top and finally arrange the vegetables alongside.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt.