Energy balls are the perfect example of a truly healthy snack! Quick and fun to make, rich in plant proteins and healthy fats, they keep you company all day long for topping up your energy levels or keeping hunger at bay.
These were invented by Lidwine Crosset of Le Green Studio, food photographer and stylist, devotee of healthy vegetarian cooking!
Here is her easy no-bake recipe.
For 10 energy balls:
- 14 dates
- 1/2 dessert spoon of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking
- 1 cup of organic nuts/seeds (chia seeds, flax seeds, black sesame seeds, almonds, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of pea protein
- 1 dessert spoon of tahini
- Mix the ingredients together and make it into balls.
- Dust the balls lightly with Matcha tea. They’re ready!
- To make them easier to digest and promote optimum absorption of nutrients, soak the nuts and seeds in water overnight. Then drain and rinse.
- These Energy Balls keep for 3 days in the fridge in a sealed container.