These Matcha tea madeleines will be popular with both adults and children.
Serve them straight out of the oven; they are even better when they’re warm!
For twelve madeleines:
- 1 egg
- 60 g caster sugar
- 60 g pastry flour
- 60 g melted butter
- Whisk the egg and sugar together until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add the Matcha tea and the flour, then the melted butter.
- Pour the paste into the madeleine mould and leave to rest in the fridge covered with clingfilm for at least 1 hour or, better still, overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the tray in the oven for 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on the biscuits. Once the top of the madeleines has risen and rounded, lower the temperature to 175°C and leave to bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wait a few minutes before removing from the tray.