Matcha ice cream is a Japanese classic that the locals absolutely love. If you go there, it is a real must-try and, once you’ve tasted it, you can never get enough of it!
Good news: you can now very easily make your own at home. All you need is an ice cream maker and a bag of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking!
- 25cl of whole milk
- 100g of caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 10g of IRO Matcha tea for Cooking
- 20cl whole cream
- Heat the milk over a low heat without bringing it to the boil.
- In the meantime, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is pale and increases in volume.
- Add the Matcha tea (preferably sifted) and mix well.
- Add the hot milk gradually, whisking continuously, then put the mixture back in the pan.
- Place over a low heat, without bringing to the boil, stirring regularly.
- Leave the mixture to chill for a few minutes in the fridge (or, to preserve maximum flavour, block the process directly using a double-wall bowl filled with water and ice cubes, mixing well to make the mixture cool as quickly as possible).
- In the meantime, whip the cream.
- Add the cream gradually to the mixture.
- Store in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Put the mixture in the ice cream maker for 30 minutes just before serving.